Everyone loves hummingbirds – so how does one resist this elegant, vintage enamel hummingbird encrusted with glittery rhinestones? The base for this lovely little treasure is a pretty antique Illinois Watch Company pocket watch dial in silver with raised gold letters and minute markers. The hummingbird has his wings spread and is dining on nectar from the little rhinestone flower. I wire-wrapped a drop with a clear spike and emerald green Czech glass beads to compliment the rhinestones. The bail is hand wire-wrapped and this piece would look amazing on a hammered metal collar in goldtone – but there are lots of other options to choose from. Do you know someone who would fall in love with this sweet little guy? Can’t you imagine her smile? This pendant measures 2-1/2″ wide including the wings and 3″ overall in length.
I really enjoy the time spent putting these pieces together and letting my creativity flow. I can get lost for hours, sometimes even days, fiddling around with them, trying to find the perfect combination; and searching for the components around town and on the internet. I probably spend too much time doing so – but it is a labor of love!
Please consider these pieces as wearable art, and wear them accordingly. They are not meant to be slept in, showered with, or worn during sporting activities. Many of these parts are up to 100 years old, and some of the parts are very tiny. If treated with care, they should give you many years of pleasure and wear before you pass it on. I use a jeweler’s epoxy and/or industrial-strength glue that is a favorite of professional jewelers. It is both waterproof and flexible to help prevent pop-offs, but given the right circumstances, anything can break. Some parts may be soldered. Please contact me if you need any assistance with repairs.
Your product(s) can be damaged if:
- Too much pressure is applied to the delicate pieces.
- Product is allowed to get wet.
- Please do not wear these heirloom quality pieces while sleeping, showering, or during sporting or vigorous activities.
- I create these unique quality pieces with all authentic antique and vintage parts – including old pocket watches and parts, porcelain and intricate etched metal pocket watch dials, keyholes, skeleton keys, and vintage wristwatches for my earrings. I NEVER use new reproduction parts. Most of the pocket watches and parts I use are around 100 years old. They are getting much more difficult to find and quite expensive, but I think the beautiful patina and history of the pieces is worth it, and that it adds much more value. I repurpose vintage brooches – birds, cats, flowers, rhinestones and Art Deco pieces are my favorites to work with – for the focal points on some pieces. I accent the pieces exclusively with genuine Swarovski crystals and Czech glass beads. I believe it is what makes me different. Because they are quite old, some pieces may show wear or may be missing a few rhinestones. I feel that this adds to the authenticity and uniqueness of the pieces. I do occasionally attach the piece to a new filigree finding for artistic purposes, or to attach a piece more securely to the necklace. .
- These pieces are created from unknown materials. They are vintage jewelry, and I am not 100% positive of what they are made of. If you are sensitive to metals, I can cover the backs of pendants with soft felt for comfort and to protect your skin. I do leave many pieces uncovered because the back side is often quite beautiful, too. Just contact me when you order your piece if you wish it to be covered.
- Most of the hardware pieces are pressed or cast brass, cast iron, or copper.
- I use hypo-allergenic earring wires that are silver-plated or gold-plated, and also lead and nickel-free. All earrings include silicone rubber stoppers on the back to prevent accidental loss while wearing.
- Pendants come with a necklace of my choice that best matches the pendant. A few come with a necklace of your choice . You may change it if you wish. Just drop me a note with the order. I usually offer satin cording, suede cord, memory wire chokers, organza ribbon, silk sari ribbon and plated chain for the necklaces. I can also combine chain with velvet or satin ribbon that ties in the back for comfort and adjustability.
- I also create custom chains out of vintage watch fob chains and add handmade jeweled links to match the pendant for an additional cost. Please contact us for a quote.
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $50!